Water pollution everywhere – ਹਰ ਪਾਸੇ ਪਾਣੀ ਪ੍ਰਦੂਸ਼ਣ

Nature has taken millennia of years to shape this world. It has bestowed on us a wide variety of materials to live and enjoy. But man seems determined to destroy the world within this century. He is depleting every available resource at a fast rate, paralysing the water courses and slowly converting them into waste-bins. In fact our planet is a water planet as it contains 70 per cent of water, the rest being the earth. But man who lives on 30 per cent of this dplanet is bringing the entire 70 per cernt of water under peril and intoxicating it through a careless attitude to the environment. He continues to carry on with his policy of ‘murder’. Man’s activities (under the name of progress) and their effect on the priceless gift of Nature-the water- have to be seen, heard or read to believe. The major pollutants threatening the sanctity of our water resources are industrial effluents, sewage and farm wastes.

ਕੁਦਰਤ ਨੇ ਇਸ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਨੂੰ ਰੂਪ ਦੇਣ ਲਈ ਹਜ਼ਾਰਾਂ ਸਾਲ ਲਏ ਹਨ। ਇਸ ਨੇ ਸਾਨੂੰ ਰਹਿਣ ਅਤੇ ਅਨੰਦ ਲੈਣ ਲਈ ਕਈ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਸਮੱਗਰੀਆਂ ਦਿੱਤੀਆਂ ਹਨ। ਪਰ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਇਸ ਸਦੀ ਦੇ ਅੰਦਰ-ਅੰਦਰ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਨੂੰ ਨਸ਼ਟ ਕਰਨ ਲਈ ਦ੍ਰਿੜ ਪ੍ਰਤੀਤ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹ। ਉਹ ਹਰ ਉਪਲਬਧ ਸਰੋਤ ਨੂੰ ਤੇਜ਼ ਰੇਟ ‘ਤੇ ਖਤਮ ਕਰ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ, ਪਾਣੀ ਦੇ ਕੋਰਸਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਅਧਰੰਗ ਕਰ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਹੌਲੀ ਹੌਲੀ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਕੂੜੇ-ਕਰਕਟ ਵਿੱਚ ਤਬਦੀਲ ਕਰ ਰਿਹਾ । ਅਸਲ ਵਿਚ ਸਾਡਾ ਗ੍ਰਹਿ ਇਕ ਜਲ ਗ੍ਰਹਿ ਹੈ ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਇਸ ਵਿਚ 70 ਪ੍ਰਤੀਸ਼ਤ ਪਾਣੀ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਬਾਕੀ ਧਰਤੀ ਹੈ। ਪਰ ਜੋ ਆਦਮੀ ਇਸ ਡੈਪਲੇਨਟ ਦੇ 30 ਪ੍ਰਤੀਸ਼ਤ ਤੇ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਉਹ ਵਾਤਾਵਰਣ ਪ੍ਰਤੀ ਲਾਪਰਵਾਹੀ ਵਾਲੇ ਰਵੱਈਏ ਦੁਆਰਾ ਪੂਰੇ 70 ਪ੍ਰਤੀ ਸੇਂਟ ਪਾਣੀ ਨੂੰ ਖਤਰੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਪਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਇਸਨੂੰ ਨਸ਼ਾ ਕਰ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ। ਉਹ ਆਪਣੀ ‘ਕਤਲ’ ਦੀ ਨੀਤੀ ਨੂੰ ਜਾਰੀ ਰੱਖਦਾ ਹੈ। ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦੀਆਂ ਗਤੀਵਿਧੀਆਂ (ਤਰੱਕੀ ਦੇ ਨਾਮ ਹੇਠ) ਅਤੇ ਕੁਦਰਤ ਦੇ ਅਨਮੋਲ ਤੋਹਫੇ – ਪਾਣੀ ਦੇ ਪ੍ਰਭਾਵ- ਨੂੰ ਵੇਖਣ, ਸੁਣਨ ਜਾਂ ਵਿਸ਼ਵਾਸ ਕਰਨ ਲਈ ਪੜ੍ਹਨਾ ਪਏਗਾ। ਸਾਡੇ ਜਲ ਸਰੋਤਾਂ ਦੀ ਪਵਿੱਤਰਤਾ ਨੂੰ ਖ਼ਤਰਾ ਪੈਦਾ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਪ੍ਰਦੂਸ਼ਿਤ ਪਦਾਰਥ ਉਦਯੋਗਿਕ ਪ੍ਰਵਾਹ, ਸੀਵਰੇਜ ਅਤੇ ਖੇਤ ਦੀ ਰਹਿੰਦ-ਖੂੰਹਦ ਹਨ।